Friday, January 10, 2014

Update 1/10

So I had my old IUD removed and the new one implanted on 12/17

After the few days, which was more like a week, I recovered and felt a bit more "normal" and less painful. I had taken a break from riding my indoor trainer bike during that time. I had one ride where I went for awhile but ultimately felt I was pushing it at the end.
Then the holidays reared their ugly heads and made my work schedule a bit on the wonky side. I had to go into work early a few days, then the holiday was off, and then back to work. On top of this my partner and I found out we could start moving into our place around Christmas. Needless to say, riding my stationary trainer bike was not in the forefront of my mind.

I was freaked out about sex. I remember the evening where I finally felt like I was ready, but I admit that I had some fear. I worried that it would be uncomfortable for him more than I was worried about it being uncomfortable for me.
Needless to say, I worried for very little; I did ache slightly afterwards, but it wasn't an issue any other time. There were not any issues on his end due to my IUD and that gave me a huge sense of relief.

I had honestly been wondering this week how to time the probability of when I may or may not get my first period. I wasn't sure if it would be counting the days right after the implantation or if it would be figuring out when I ended my bleeding from that, or what. I had no idea, concept, or theory to go off of; I just had a suspicion that it would be happening sooner rather than later.

As with prior experiences with my so-called periods on the Mirena, I had hints that were indicating to me that I would be nearing the time. Last week I found I had very uncomfortable nipples (sorry if this is tmi for some of you, but this is more of an educational, real-life sort of blog.) and found myself thinking "this sucks." I usually don't bother wearing bars to bed, I take my evening hours as a time to just "hang out" and not confine myself. Plus, I'm at home, so who gives a damn?
I started wearing a sports bra to bed, which surprisingly as a friend said once "felt like a Thunder Shirt for humans" and I did find myself feeling pretty cozy.
Eventually my super sensitive nipples took a hike, however, I noticed some food cravings. I did my best to manage them with healthy options, like fruit, vs. allowing myself chocolate. For some reason I crave fish a lot when I'm "pms-ing" as well.
I noticed my trainer rides were alright but I was feeling wiped out and my legs felt sandy before I was half-way finished. That annoyed me a great deal, but I pushed myself regardless.
I started not wanting to wake up right away in the mornings, but forced myself to an upright position and got the day going with some cereal and coffee.

The one thing that I missed from the old times was cramping; I usually cramped a week or so before I would have signs of my impending menses; and after that I would have my so-called period.
I maybe had one cramp-like feeling either late last week or early this week, my libido did not sky-rocket into a ravaging beast, however; I noticed myself becoming a bit more emotional.

Surprisingly I thought my emotions would be worse; thankfully at this point I can say they are manageable and not running away on themselves. I won't lie and say I've been perfect, I just could be a lot worse.

I guesstimated I would probably have my period next week. Surprise surprise I started today; so far it's tolerable and I'm not noticing a whole lot. I am having cramps that should just go fly a kite; so the goal is to keep ahead of them with ibuprofen and perhaps even break out the heating pad.

I'm not sure what to expect; I told a friend of mine I worried that I'd pass a clot the size of a baby. I was told that would be an exaggeration and that wouldn't happen. I figured, but I couldn't help but poke fun at the uncertain future of my "new beginning."

So we'll see if my cycle ends up being a pain in the ass or very manageable. I'm guessing I'll manage either way, but I won't lie and say I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment