Monday, January 13, 2014

The Siege.

I'll admit, with a slight amount of shame, that I hoped that I would have a somewhat amazingly simple experience.
I guess I kinda figured, I paid some dues with my un-routine IUD removal; my body felt better without the Mirena almost instantly. Maybe my period wouldn't be so....terrible.

Friday was a surprise and I ultimately resigned myself to acceptance. There was a ...lack of output. I thought "maybe this is it?"
Saturday wasn't exciting at all. I thought perhaps I lucked out.
Nope.
My dreams of romping friskiness were smudged out, more or less because I realized that I didn't feel up for it.

Damn.

Sunday.
Sunday reared an ugly head; I ate breakfast. My stomach was bare and hungry and the traditional Sunday breakfast foods were really good. I felt a bit wiped out and there was an underlying ache within my womb.
I made sure I had coffee to take with me to work, for whatever reason, I felt it was needed.
I got to work, finding that my legs felt like sludge. No pep to be found, I figured I would just do my best.

It's like I have a veil hanging over me. Translucent but powerful. I'm not very emotional, I just have no energy to exert.
I would periodically have a pain, very localized and I believe it is the location of my left ovary. It would catch my breath sometimes and I would try and massage it. Otherwise, if I was checking out groceries, brace myself against my register so I would put pressure on that side.
I felt like my ovary decided to expel 5 years worth of eggs.
Ibuprofen wasn't helping much.
I can't describe how it feels in my cervical area. It feels like it's been kinda rubbed on the inside. It's an ache; dull and annoying. The sharp ovary pain is unacceptable.

I spent most of the day thinking "this is ridiculous...nothing is happening." Until the one time I went to the bathroom and it looked like murder.
"Oh."
I was emotionless...I didn't know what to think other than..."Great."

More ibuprofen.
My workday starts at 12 on Sunday and lasts until perhaps 7:30 p.m. depending on how fast everyone gets out.
It was a long day, food was becoming increasingly unappealing, and I took too much ibuprofen and got sick to my stomach. Damnit.
I got a bag of chips, hoping that the Honey Dijon flavor would wake up my taste buds and make me interested in eating supper later. I wanted starch.

By the time Travis picked me up, I felt spent.

Waking up this morning was a chore that took a lot longer than normal. I feel very fatigued in my head/eyes, and the downside of this whole venture is that snow is in the forecast today.
We are also tight in terms of cashiers today.
I'm going to get my ass handed to me on a silver platter complete with a knife and fork.

No rest for the weary.
No being "gentle" with myself.
My motto today is "get the fuck through it."

I was told by another person who has the Paragard IUD that her first 2 periods were doozies.

I haven't had a normal period for almost 5 years, so this is obviously a shock to my system. Also, no hormones are included with this. Overall it's not the most terrible thing in the world, but it's definitely not comfortable nor am I very excited over it.

I was expecting this never-ending waterfall, it seems that bathroom breaks are when the majority of "action" happens. I guess I can't complain about that too terribly much.
I suppose you could call it clotty.
Man, I feel sorry for males reading this; well, not really.

At least I'm not a crying heap of emotional fuckedupness.


No comments:

Post a Comment