Sunday, January 26, 2014

Striking Gold

When you find someone else around your age range that is childfree, it's like you struck a vein of gold. I had a feeling of "Yes. Another person (couple) I can relate to or find some similarity to."
It's not that I do not enjoy my other friends who have children, but I do have a desire to have or keep company of some other like-minded individuals.

I enjoy being around other responsible and loving people who have pets...pet parents, whatever one wants to call 'em. I guess I consider myself a cat mom, and am not afraid to say that...I put a full plate of responsibility in front of me when I take care of my cats.

The closer I get to 30, which is month by month, the more I desire to find a few like-minded individuals to socialize with. I've never been one for "partying" and have always been somewhat nerdy in my interests. I guess I can be immature, but more in a joking sense. I appreciate a good laugh for sure, but also hold my responsibilities as an adult high.

I started over my adult life almost 2 years ago; so this is the first time I've felt like I can actually go out and live a life. I was closeted for a long while, more on my own discomfort of social scenes and personal insecurities of myself. So this socializing stuff is fairly new to me, which makes the excitement of finding someone with similar choices even more sweet.

Body-wise I'm feeling better, but back to my winter slumps. The cold weather makes me apathetic; the warmth of bed and cuddles makes me drowsy and content.
The period actually lasted approx. 7 days, which was not bad at all; just heavier than I typically had. Fatigue was a lot stronger than I had experienced as well. Cramps when I had them were painful, but thankfully it wasn't a continual siege of pain on my body.
I guess I'll see what next month brings.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to socialize with you sometime!!! One pet parent to another and all!! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete